Read Men: 4 Things You Must Check With Your Doctor first.
Men Younger Than 20 Years
- A complete physical examination that includes: quantitative blood check, urine test, cholesterol and stool test
- Have an eye check up every 2 years. If you are at high risk, do this every year
- Have dental check up every 6 months. If you are at high risk, follow your dentists recommendations
- Blood pressure examination every 21⁄2 years beginning at once a year by the age of 20.
Men at 20 to 50 Years
- Have an eye check up every 2 years or once a year if you are at high risk
- Have a dental examination every 6 months or as recommended by your dentist
- Do a blood pressure check every 21⁄2 years or once a year if you are at a risk
- Do a first cholesterol check and repeat the test every 3 years or as recommended by the healthcare provider
- Have a colon test once a year after you reach the age of 40
- Those at risk of colon conditions are advised to have an occult blood test once a year or go for sigmoidoscopy every 3 to 5 years
- Those at risk of prostate cancer can have the screening every year after 45 years
- Do a regular complete physical examination every 3 years or as recommended by the doctor.
Men at 50 Years or older
- Have a regular physical examination every 1-2 years up to the age of 65 year.
- Go for an eye examination every year. If you have diabetes or hypertension or are at risk of either, then we recommend that you have the regular eye check every year. Some clinicians advise that this be done twice a year.
- Go for a dental check every 6 months or as recommended by the dentist
- You need to have a blood pressure checked every year
- We recommend that you do a cholesterol blood tests every 3 to 5 years if it is normal or as recommended by the healthcare provider
- Have a regular check up of the colon every 3 to 5 years and a check for prostate specific antigen once a year