Read Intrauterine devices (IUD) first.
- Lactating ladies or after delivery however, not after 4 weeks
- Ladies with liver disease, hepatitis or using medicines that affect the liver
- Women with breast tumor, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, background of ischemic cardiovascular disease, stroke or multiple risk elements for cardiovascular disease.
- Ladies with current deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolism.
- Women who’ve had major medical procedures or trauma
- Women with migraines with or without focal neurological symptoms.
Who qualifies for LNG-IUS?
- Women with severe menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia)
- Women with painful menses ( dysmenorrhoea)
- Women with endometriosis.
- Women with bleeding disorders or on anticoagulation treatment with heparin or warfarin
- Women with thalassemia, sickle cell disease, or iron-deficiency anemia.
- Breastfeeding women after 4-6 weeks post delivery